Saturday, December 17, 2011

Sweet Babies ...








Feeling emotional tonight that I won't be able to call them "the babies" for much longer ... what a sweet and crazy and amazing year it's been.  So thankful for Luke and Amelia -- so thankful for their dad, who selflessly puts all three of us above himself again and again.  He teaches me so much about what it means to love.  So thankful for the generosity of so many.  Every few months I pull out another bin of clothes that the babies have now grown into and I am aware of how thoughtfully and generously people have given to us.  Our needs have been met and then some.  So thankful to the One who has sustained us through it all -- the scary times and lonely months in the hospital, the joy-filled times of snuggling our babies, the moments where we've realized just how difficult parenting really is and just how much we need grace ... We are thankful.

2 comments:

  1. Katie,
    Luke and Amelia are gorgeous, and I absolutely love keeping up with you guys through your posts. If you would like to go for a walk anytime soon, just let me know! I'm around, especially after Christmas, and would love to see you guys. Take care, and I can't wait to see pictures of them and their first Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful words and pictures, Katie! So precious. Wishing you 4 a very merry 1st Christmas.

    ReplyDelete