Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Halloween!

There are some moments with your kids that you want to make sure you don't forget.  Amelia on Halloween night is one of them.  Oh my, watching her march around in her elephant costume and ladybug boots, holding her daddy's hand and yelling, "Hi!  Hi!" to everyone we passed around the neighborhood (rare for this often more shy girl) was so sweet.  Luke, who is usually in bed by 7pm, was not feeling the whole trick-or-treat thing.  He just wanted me to hold him (he's in a very mama-oriented phase right now, which I'm not complaining about) so we got to snuggle most of the night.  This time of year will always remind me a bit of bed rest and living in room 303 at the hospital.  Since we spent Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years in that room, I think I will always be thankful for holidays not spent in the hospital and more mindful of families that are spending them there for whatever reason.




No comments:

Post a Comment