Saturday, January 26, 2013

A zoo ...

Because life with two toddlers sometimes feels like we live in a zoo ...



It's totally normal to let your kids play in the dog's kennel, right?!  These two survived their first round of croup last week (not terribly surprising since they were on four planes in the middle of cold/flu season) and we were looking for anything/everything to keep them entertained in the house :)  Overall it's been a much better winter for them than last year when someone was sick for a good five months straight!  They had their two year appointment last week and other than finding out our pediatrician is leaving (very very sad for us!) -- it was a great appointment.  Luke is 3 feet tall (92%) and 32 lbs (88%) and Amelia is  also 3 feet tall (96%) and 30lbs (84%).  Luke and Amelia are becoming preschoolers more and more every day.  I put Luke's shoes on the other day and he says to me, "Oh no Mama ...  Shoes too tight!"  When did my kids start telling me things like that?!  They've also started tattling on each other (Luke tonight:  "Mama!  Sissy color on table.  No-no Sissy!  Mess!")  They're definitely connecting ideas and concepts and remembering things from days (or weeks) before.  Pretty amazing to watch their little minds and hearts developing (and always a reminder too of the crazy responsibility of parenting) ... They are little sponges!  Amelia has almost completely stopped napping.  Sigh.  I've been rather grumpy about this change in our daily schedule.  I'm looking on the bright side -- I want to be spending more one-on-one time with her so here's my chance :)  But I miss having an hour to myself in the afternoons.  I can't complain though because they both sleep from 7pm-7am and almost never wake up anymore.  NEVER thought that would happen!  Over the last few weeks she's just spent the whole nap time talking and singing to herself -- which isn't bad but she ends up waking him up earlier and then he is NOT happy for the rest of the afternoon.  It was pretty cute though to hear her singing, "E-I-E-I-O!" from her room.  That girl loves her songs :)  Being a mom of toddlers means that you have Old MacDonald stuck in your head all.the.time!

No comments:

Post a Comment