Sunday, January 4, 2015

Happy New Year!

2014 ended in the ideal way in my world:  rich in relationships.  Three dear friends and I were gifted a weekend away at the coast and so four young mamas spent two days debriefing life and parenting and what-the-heck-happened-to-us-these-last-few-years.  It was refreshing to be with three other transparent  mamas who love their families with everything that they are but who also need to take a step back from them to help us get perspective.  I'm grateful we were able to just be together (how quiet it seems without 7 little kids!) and laugh and share and cry.  Good group parenting therapy session :)  


The glorious Oregon coast!

Michelle, Danielle, Lindsay -- thankful every day that I get
to navigate parenting with such wonderful people.

And then the cousins arrived to be here for the holidays!!!  Luke and Amelia were beside themselves -- counting down the days until "Caroline and baby Addy and Auntie and Joe-Joe" would be here.  And Buddy and Samantha, of course.  Amelia informed me today that Samantha is her best friend.  What can I say?  The girl loves animals.  We had a blast -- sledding and hiking and sharing meals and just being together.  When we found out my sister and I were only 10 weeks apart in our pregnancies with the twins and Caroline I had no idea what a gift it would be to get to have our kids be so close in age.  It's so much fun!  It's a circus to have 4 under 4 all together -- but a good (as long as everyone is fed and napped) and very noisy circus :)  

Sledding was one of the highlights -- the kids just loved it!

Stories with Gramma!


My loves.

To not have to bribe Amelia to smile for a photo means she was having
so much fun!

A muddy Christmas Day hike!

Amelia Jane.

These four!  Wish I could freeze time at these ages.  So fun.

Merry Christmas!

And now ... to get ready for these two to turn FOUR!

No comments:

Post a Comment