Friday, September 9, 2016

Kindergarten!

Well, we survived our first week of kindergarten!  By that I mean Scott and I survived! The kids THRIVED in their first week of school.  They loved it.  It's a huge transition and we had no idea what to expect so we've been pleasantly surprised every day at pick up by how enthusiastic and excited they've been about the whole thing.  "Mom!  I have to wear purple tomorrow, it's Friday!  Everyone wears purple on Fridays!  And we went to computer lab today!  And Spanish!  And can I have hot lunch tomorrow?  And someone in my class has allergies.  And I love Mrs. Morris!  And do you know what dodge ball is? ... And ...And ..." the stream of consciousness of a five year old who just started school!  On the night before school started as I was getting their clothes and lunches ready I couldn't help but to reflect on how many people have helped us get to this point with our kids.  From their NICU team to their counselors to their preschool community, grandparents, extended family, neighbors, friends ... truly the raising of children brings people together.  I couldn't have asked for better people to have journeyed these young years with.  Just look at these big kindergarteners!






No comments:

Post a Comment