Monday, December 6, 2010

It's the little things ...





One of the nurses overheard Scott and I talking about Molly and kindly let us know that for long term patients the hospital allows visits with pets.  Our doctor wrote an order and Molly has been allowed to come up several times!  She is one of the main things I miss about being at home (along with a growing list of other comforts) and it does amazing things to lift my spirits.  I'm a new advocate for pet therapy :)  She's the perfect visitor for when I'm on these drugs because she doesn't care if I'm cranky and she doesn't mind if I fall asleep during our visit!
This is an exciting week because on Friday we'll turn off the magnesium (after 25 days) and see what happens.  Our doctor said that she's had patients go right into labor after turning the drip off and she's also seen patients stay pregnant for many more weeks.  I'll keep you posted!  But my body (and mind) are so ready to be done with this drug so I'm very thankful that Friday is almost here.  Friday also marks the beginning of week 28 for the babes ... a huge milestone in terms of their development ... grow babies grow!

No comments:

Post a Comment