Tuesday, February 15, 2011

These days ...

Luke has been home for three days now and it's amazing!  I love hearing his little noises from the next room, not having time limits on how long we can hold him (he is rarely put down ... I keep reminding him to enjoy the one-on-one time until sister gets home!) and not having to call for an update.  I'm so excited for sweet Amelia to join us ... we think about her constantly when we're not with her.  She is continuing to have small episodes of bradycardia so her homecoming is currently planned for this weekend ... if she behaves :)  These are crazy days ... running back and forth to the hospital, taking Luke to the pediatrician every few days for weight checks (our doctor is a woman I used to work with at Doernbecher ... she is wonderful and I have the feeling that over this next year we'll get to know each other quite well!), sleeping in shifts (Luke still has pretty bad preemie reflux so sleeping is hard ... for all of us!)  But they are very sweet days too ... I try to snuggle each baby for at least an hour totally uninterrupted each day ... learning their noises and enjoying them and  just being fully present.  I want to know what makes them unique ... they have so many similarities but they are very different too ... they will always be "the twins" or "the babies" (some day "the kids") but I also want to know what makes them Luke and Amelia ... as individuals ... It's exciting to be getting to know them!

2 comments: