Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Fall is here!

I've always loved fall -- my favorite season!  The crisp mornings, soup weather, beautiful leaves ... and it's even more fun with the babies!  We're looking forward to taking them to the pumpkin patch and dressing up for halloween (of course Scott and I are dressing up to coordinate -- couldn't miss an opportunity for some good laughs!)  The last few weeks Luke and Amelia have made huge progress developmentally.  Amelia is basically sitting up on her own, although her balance is lacking at times, she can sit for several minutes on a regular basis.  Luke isn't as close to sitting as his sister is but he is getting up on all-fours and rocking back and forth ... crawling is coming to our home very soon!  Luke also loves "talking" ... our house is filled with "baba" and "mama" and "dada" ...  it's so fun to hear.  Amelia babbles as well but not in quite such a coordinated way.  The other day though I was making bottles in the kitchen and one of the babies was in the saucer and one in the jumper.  I stuck my head out to check on them and they were having a "conversation" -- of babbling of course, but it was so sweet to see!  With the increased interaction comes increased conflict :)  Amelia finds great joy in taking whatever toy her brother is playing with (little stinker!) which he usually tolerates quite well.  He'll give me a look that says, "Oh well, I guess I'll just find another one!"  But he definitely retaliates by pulling her hair -- what big brother could resist pulling such long hair?!  And so it begins!  Now for a few new pictures ...

First trip to the coast ... Amelia obviously loved it :)

Playing with Martha -- our neighbor and my lifesaver when Scott is at work!

Bedtime stories with Daddy, both babes love being read to!

Better start baby-proofing EVERYTHING

No comments:

Post a Comment