Saturday, September 24, 2011

Sweet days ...

There is a lot of work involved in parenting -- a lot of meal prep, diapers, cleaning, laundry, appointments ... you can see where I'm going with this.  But there are many more sweet moments where your kids make whatever you're doing suddenly unimportant -- after all, playing on the swings is so much more fun!  I've found it difficult in these first months of parenting to balance "doing" and "being"  -- both essential parts of motherhood.  I admit, I have some type-A in me (who me?!) and love to have things be clean and organized.  Enter two babies.  Things are far less organized and tidy.  Parenting is good for me in this regard, God has convicted me greatly about where my priorities need to be and the answer has been (and is) always the same: in relationships.  Investing in people is always the right choice.  Especially the precious little people that I've been blessed with!  I've yet to meet a parent of a grown child who wishes that the carpet could have been vacuumed just a bit more often.  Ha! They miss the bedtime stories, the trips to the beach, the meals together .... and I try to remember that on a daily basis while at the same time balancing keeping a home running without TOO much chaos.  If any mama out there knows how to keep things running smoothly at home AND be fully present with your kids ... I'm open to suggestions!  And now for the sweet moments we had over the last few days when we decided NOT to do chores :)

Play date with Jack and Maddy!  The babies had a blast!  And the mamas got to chat about raising two at a time :) 
Double swinging: a perk of being a twin

The guys: Eric, Jim, Scott

Luke too loves double swinging!!  What's not to love?!

The big girls having their picnic

Daddy time!

Snuggles from Jennica

No comments:

Post a Comment