Thursday, November 17, 2011

Rainy Days ...




It's official, the rainy season has begun.  As someone who was born and raised in Oregon, the rain doesn't usually bother me.  Winter is cozy ... it means fires and coffee and snuggling up with a good book.  But with two babies, winter also means that we all go a bit stir-crazy!  Today the babes and I took a trip to Target just to get out of the house :) (Okay, and I've been admiring some of their cute sweaters!) We've also been having some fun play dates which the babies love and I get to chat with some pretty wonderful mamas.
Two people asked me today if it's gotten easier which has made me think a lot about the last 10 months.  The answer to that question is yes and no.  I lean more towards yes and Scott leans more towards no, maybe it depends on the day!  To me it feels easier because I get more sleep.  I am a much more patient and more present parent when I'm not so tired!   I also feel like I'm able to do a lot more without feeling overwhelmed. In the beginning I felt overwhelmed often.  As a brand new parent with two newborns there were many times that I felt like it was all that I could do to care for them.  Now I feel like it's not a big deal to run errands with them, visit friends and work part-time.  However, when you have two babies that are crawling everywhere and pulling themselves up on things (which leads to lots of falling, of course), you have to be entirely focused on taking care of them.  So maybe the answer is that it's not easier or harder, it's just different.  Either way, it's wonderful.  I am so blessed by these two little ones.  I love seeing signs of them in every room of our home ... their toothbrushes in the bathroom, their coats hanging by the door, their sippy cups in the kitchen ... And yes, even their sticky Cheerios all over the floor! ... I am so thankful.

Beautiful baby girl in her holiday outfit :)

"Groceries?!  Thanks Mama!"

Seeing a theme?  They LOVE grocery bags!

Amelia and Afton (I think ... they're identical so I'm not 100% sure :) )

Twins!!

"Mama, can I get up now?"

No comments:

Post a Comment