Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Random fun!

Here's a few random pictures over the last several weeks ...

Chalk!  We now find their artwork ALL over the yard, outside of the house, etc. :)

Four cousins picking (and eating!) blueberries!

A visit from Kelly!  We miss you!!

Spaghetti?  A very favorite meal around here ... to eat and to wear.

Yum!

I've never seen her sign "more" so many times in one meal. 

Reading books with Miss Martha to avoid the heat of the day -- it's been HOT!

I had to include this one that Michelle emailed me because Marisa looks so sweet and cuddled in and Amelia's cheesy grin makes me laugh every time!

Oh Amelia Jane, I love you so much.

Life feels so full and so sweet right now ... Not that there aren't a few moments every day where I want to throw a mini-tantrum myself (STOP pulling your sister's hair!  And STOP biting your brother!) but the kids are so much fun and I feel like we've gotten to live this summer through their eyes -- trips to the zoo, berry picking (Now a family favorite -- the kids just love it!  The benefit is that we've gone enough to have a freezer full of berries for the winter :)), tons of time in the yard with chalk and sprinklers ... This summer we've finally "arrived" (I feel like that's how parents speak about sleeping-through-the-night) in a spot where the kids sleep all night every night unless they're sick which I am so very thankful for.  I am a better mom, nurse, wife ... person! when I can sleep!
The kids both often choose to sign for what they want (more, milk, food, etc) but they're also starting to use words more often which is really neat.  It's no wonder that every parents thinks their kid is a genius :)  It really is amazing to watch them make connections between their environment and language.   They've also starting rough-housing with us and each other more.  I called my mom from work the other day to check on the kids and I could hear them both laughing in the background.  My mom says, "Well, umm, right now Luke is sitting on top of Amelia tickling her but she seems to be okay!"  She is going to be one tough girl!
Here's to fully enjoying the last month-ish of summer before the rain comes back!  We'll be outside as much as possible -- and not complain about the 102 weather this week because we're going to be spending the next nine months inside.  Bring on the sun!!


No comments:

Post a Comment