Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Oh Thank You!

Oh, Sarah Bessey, you've done it again!  Thanks for this post which made me laugh out loud!  We've been a house (infirmary) of sickness for the last month -- a revolving door of croup and sinus infections and I think bronchitis (Scott) -- so thank you for your humor and grace.  Miraculously when we took Amelia off dairy several months ago, her puking has almost entirely stopped.  But in the first 18 months of her life I cleaned up FAR more puke than in the seven years I've been a nurse (which says something since those years have been spent working in oncology and pediatrics!) so I appreciated this post even more :)  Thank you for all of your birthday wishes -- despite having to cancel our dinner with our dear friends (due to multiple illnesses going on at our house) -- I did have a lovely day.  My parents watched the kids for a few hours in the afternoon so Scott and I could both nap.  Amazing.  Nothing says that you're a mom like being SO EXCITED for a nap!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Katie, you make me laugh - so glad I'm not alone in the volume of bodily functions we're subjected to these days! (And glad you had a good birthday nap - that sounds like HEAVEN.) - S.

    ReplyDelete