Sunday, June 2, 2013

Feels like Summer ...

Homemade ice cream?  Birthday party?  Happy toddler (and Daddy!)

Devyn's mom made his cake ... WOW!

Oregon berries have arrived!  We hope to fill several freezers full this year :)

Where my Lukey can be found often!

Playing ball with Papa!

Beautiful flowers from Martha's yard :)  
Summer in Oregon is such a fun time -- I'm going to buy Amelia saltwater sandals this week which brings back memories of wearing them every summer for all sorts of adventures.  Tonight I'm feeling thankful for the sun and for the family time we were able to enjoy this weekend.  The kids are in such a sweet phase right now.  They still have occasional meltdowns (like all toddlers) but we've seen so much change and growth in them over the last few weeks. (Maybe partially due to a new discipline theory -- Love and Logic has become essential at our house these days). Amelia has just been amazing us with her compassion and love for us all.  It's so sweet!  She will run over to Luke if he needs anything, "It's okay Lukey, I'm here!  I fix it!  Honey, it's okay.  I kiss you!"  She totally imitates what we say to her and it makes me giggle every time I hear her telling her brother, "It's okay, Lukey, I fix it for you.  I kiss you, don't be sad."  Seriously?  Priceless.  They both have such kind and sensitive souls, it warms my heart to hear them talking to each other.  Today I dropped a bowl in the kitchen and Luke comes running over, "Mama, you okay?  Don't be sad!  I'll be a helper!  And I'll kiss you too!"  Oh those two ... so much joy in watching their relationship unfold and their personalities develop.  So thankful to be looking forward to a summer together with them.

1 comment:

  1. Hi I'm Heather! Please email me when you get a chance, I have a question about your blog! LifesABanquet1(at)gmail.com

    ReplyDelete