Monday, July 22, 2013

7 years?!


Seven years ago this happened.  We joined our lives.  Not everything (thankfully) has turned out how we would have planned it or imagined it but I couldn't have dreamed up a better match for myself than Scott.  When I look at our wedding pictures we look young!  Without the bags under our eyes that come along with parenting :)  The best advice I've ever heard on marriage is so simple and so true: take care of each other.  This is what I appreciate the most about Scott -- how he selflessly cares for us.  In big ways, like the months he slept on a cot so I'd never be alone at the hospital.  And in small every day ways like jumping right into the dinner/bath/bed routine (or chaos!) after a 12-hr shift (and being up since 4am) without ever complaining.  When you're nurses and parents sometimes it feels like you're always in a caregiver role.  Mostly, I love that role.  But for the times when I'm burned out and tired it's so refreshing to feel cared for and understood.  Couldn't imagine doing life with anyone else.  Feeling thankful for and blessed by this man.

No comments:

Post a Comment