Monday, September 29, 2014

The coast!

Other than the six years that I spent in Washington and then Arizona, I've lived all of my life in Oregon.  I wouldn't say I've had any extra special connection to the Oregon coast.  Yes, it's beautiful, but I'd just as soon be in the mountains.  But now?  Oh now, I love the coast.  My kids come alive there and get to be kids -- running, exploring, building, playing ... they are their best versions of themselves.  And so we packed up and heading there last weekend for three nights.  What joy to watch them play.

These two.  

This log was a bulldozer, bus, rocket, roller coaster and more this weekend!
Love their imaginations.

Family retreat :)

Anemones!

Amelia playing chase with the seagulls!

Rainbow at the coast.  Glorious.

I think I can, I think I can ...

Catch me, Papa!


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful moments, Katie! Love those pictures. Do you guys always go to the same town on the coast?

    ReplyDelete