Saturday, January 15, 2011

Nine days old!




Tomorrow the babies will be nine days old!  I can't even believe how fast the last week went ... They're growing up so fast :)  On Thursday night they got moved from the higher acuity NICU to the low acuity part of the unit.  What a blessing!  Now they just have to learn how to coordinate their eating/breathing and they can come home ... what a sweet day that will be.  But the process of learning to eat can take a month or more for preemies so we're learning even more about patience.  I miss Luke and Amelia every minute I'm not with them.  But we're really trying to use this time to get the house ready for the babies and get back into the flow of life.  Tonight we even went on a date night ... the first time in over three months!  As my dad says, "You're never going to have such qualified babysitters!  And you guys need some time for you!"  Tomorrow we're looking forward to being able to go back to church.  These are the routine and normal rhythms of life that we've missed.  We're up at the NICU for most of the day and then home in the evenings.  I'm feeling so good ... so thankful to not be on bed rest!  It's a very humbling thing to be so dependent on people to do everything for you.  And while it taught me a lot, I'm still just loving the fact that I can get up and get my own cup of water or snack.  What a treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment