Sunday, February 19, 2012

A few of our favorite things ...

Luke and Amelia are getting old enough now to start showing their preferences ... and they aren't shy about letting us know!
Favorite toys:  Amelia's would be the shopping cart.  She played with Caroline's all last weekend so we got her one this week and she loves it (although not quite as much as Caroline's.  When it's at your own house it's not quite so exciting!)  I'm not someone who loves to shop, so of course since God has a sense of humor about these things, I'm sure my daughter will be :)  Luke's would be my new iphone!  He cries if he sees it and I don't let him have it.  So funny how at such a young age they're both already drawn to electronics.  They have plenty of toys with buttons that light up but they much prefer our phones.  By the time they're three I'm sure they'll be teaching us things about our computers and phones!
Favorite foods:  I've been having fun experimenting with new finger food recipes.  There are two foods that they both just love and prefer over others. The first is cottage cheese pancakes, you can see a recipe here.  I blend the ingredients all up in the blender first (I don't think this recipe says to, I also substitute whole wheat pastry flour for the white flour) I know it sounds a bit strange and I was skeptical when my dear friend Michelle made them for Scott and I several years ago, but they're seriously delicious.  Luke and Amelia agree!  The second is sweet potato fries.  I just peel and thinly slice sweet potatoes and coat them in olive oil and broil them.  Yum!  They are gone quickly!  I feel like there is a great deal of compromising with kids' diets between what they want to eat and what we want for them to eat, so it's nice when I can find things that are healthy AND they love them.
Favorite activities:  Amelia loves dancing.  She loves when Scott and I turn on music and twirl and dance around with her -- she just laughs and laughs.  Luke is so proud that he can walk now!  He'll walk without coaxing now and just grins as he walks across the room.
I'm sure I've said this before (and will probably continue to) but this age is my favorite so far.  They are just so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment