Saturday, June 30, 2012

Blueberry goodness!

I LOVE Oregon berries in the summer and have been having fun experimenting with some new recipes ... I wanted to post this one that I found in Parents Magazine because it's so simple and easy (read: you can have time to make it with toddlers running around) and a dozen muffins are gone very quickly around here.

The Best Blueberry Muffins

1 1/2 cups flour (I use whole wheat pastry flour)
1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1 cup buttermilk or whole milk
1/3 cup canola or vegetable oil (I substitute apple sauce)
2 eggs
1 cup fresh blueberries

1. preheat over to 425 degrees.  Spray 12-cup muffin pan.
2. Combine the flour, sugar and baking powder.  In medium bowl, whisk milk, oil and eggs.  Pour wet ingredients over the dry mix and add blueberries.
3. Fill each cup 3/4 full and bake 15 to 18 minutes or until muffins are golden and springy to the touch.



Yummy!  I've always enjoyed baking but find myself doing it a lot more often now that I have two little people who seem to be hungry all. the. time.  ... and I don't think Scott minds either :)
Tomorrow morning we have to say goodbye to Grammy and Gramps -- it's been so fun to watch them bond with Luke and Amelia.  I lost three of my grandparents by the time I was four and have very few memories of them, so it's very special to me to watch those relationships develop.  Grammy and Gramps were so much help during Scott's procedure and they watched the kids a lot over the last month so that I could work a bunch of extra shifts ... Thank you!

Enjoying a snuggle and a graham cracker during GG Edna's visit

Playing with the bubble-maker with Grammy and Gramps




No comments:

Post a Comment