Monday, July 2, 2012

Stop and smell the roses ...

Today we had one of THOSE mornings ... The kind where the kids get to watch videos because I'm rushing around trying to get us out the door and our house looks like Toys R Us made a delivery and my children went through every box! ... The kind where I desperately call my neighbor (thanks Martha!) to come with me to the eye doctor to entertain the kids (after three days of splitting headaches I realized it's because my contact prescription has changed so I haven't been seeing right ... ahhh!) ... The kind where I feel like a wearing a sign that reads: "Please don't judge the fact that I look like I just rolled out of bed and my children don't look much better!" ... But we made it to nap time (whew!) and Auntie Allie is coming to visit today (hooray!) and this video helps me remember to slow down, take a deep breath and stop to smell the roses ... Luke is SO into smelling flowers.  He read about it in one of his books and ever since then he smells every flower he sees -- in a book, in a picture, on his sister's shirt! ... So darn cute!



No comments:

Post a Comment