Sunday, July 15, 2012

Weekend Fun!

Scott's on a new work schedule and we're loving it!  One week he works 5 shifts (60 hrs) and the next week he only works 2 shifts which means he has five days off!  Usually those days off mean that I work extra shifts or we get projects done around the house.  But this week we decided to enjoy  some fun family time ... We spent three days in Bend with the Milne family which was such a treat!  Michelle and I worked together as nurses in Tucson and she moved back to Oregon around the same time we did.  She is one of those rare people where I feel like I don't ever have to filter what I say -- I feel so blessed by the fact that we can talk honestly about life, faith, marriage, work ... and now, parenting!  Marisa is eight weeks old and such a precious girl.  It was a gift to get to know her a bit this weekend.  Hard to believe that Luke and Amelia were that size not very long ago.  The kids had a great time playing with 4 big dogs all weekend (I'll attach a video ... hilarious!) because Michelle and Rich and Michelle's parents each have two dogs.  We also had fun wading in the Deschutes River, exploring Bend and just relaxing together.  It's the first time we've been out of town other than to visit family but the kids were really flexible and Michelle's whole family was so hospitable that it made it much easier than I'd imagined in my head (when planning to travel with kids I've realized I'm a bit pessimistic, which I should work on!) 

These two have an arranged marriage in the works :)  Luke looks happy, right?

Michelle and I with our girls ... plus Ollie and Sam!

Amazing view from the Burge house of the Sisters Mountains ... Wow.

Sweet baby girl!






1 comment:

  1. You should have popped in to say hi :) We live in Bend too. (I know how hard it is to fit in a visit with the people you're intending to see and am just giving you a hard time;) )

    I can't believe how big your kiddos are now. What a beautiful family.

    ReplyDelete