Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Taking a step back to enjoy my kiddos ...

Today was one of those beautiful Oregon spring days where you just take a deep breath of fresh air and feel thankful to get to be outside together as a family.  It was good for my heart to just get to be together (without the never-ending to-do list that goes along with parenting, a house, work and the crazy paperwork trail that goes along with adoption).  It just felt good to watch the joy on Luke and Amelia's faces as they threw rock after rock in the river (they would have stayed forever, I think) and giggled with each other.  It made me excited for this summer.  It feels like the first summer that we are all mobile enough (as in, not terribly sleep deprived) to really enjoy some fun adventures together.  Looking forward to lots of "hikes" and berry picking and day trips with these two little people.  I know we all live busy and hectic lives -- but I feel most content when I'm fully present with people ... especially when those people are my children (okay, except for the few minutes I spent taking photos :) Didn't miss the irony there!  But thankfully the park we were at didn't have cell phone reception so I couldn't be doing other "important" smart phone things :)).






1 comment:

  1. I love the top photo. It just struck me seeing these two little ones in contrast to their tall, strong daddy. Standing knee-high under his protection. Very sweet.

    ReplyDelete