Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

Okay, so I'm a few days early, but I'm getting excited for Thanksgiving.  We have a lot to be thankful for right now!  I'm still on the magnesium sulfate which isn't fun but is keeping the amount of contractions I'm having low (1-4 contractions an hour) and giving the babies as much time as possible to grow.  I think now that I have a PICC line (a long-term IV) and know details about every nurse's personal life and holiday plans, we're now officially long term patients.  There isn't much research that shows that magnesium is effective at stopping labor after 72 hours, but we don't have other options right now (the terbutaline didn't work and my blood pressure is too low to use nifedipine).  The risk to the babies is very low with magnesium so for now the risk/benefit of staying on the mag is worth it and for some women it can delay labor for several weeks.  The plan for right now is to stay as an inpatient until 28 weeks and then reassess. Some days seem to go by quickly and others feel like they last forever.  Thankfully Scott has been able to be off work and be with me.  His sense of humor and presence makes this so much more bearable.   I am so very thankful for him!  Thank you all for your continued support and prayers.  Happy Thanksgiving!!

1 comment:

  1. If you get tired of him we have a very special patient how needs him:)

    ReplyDelete