Sunday, April 1, 2012

And so it begins ...

The fighting that is!  This week Luke and Amelia had their first fight.  I know it was the first of many!  They were both standing up at their chairs, trying to find any missed food items.  Amelia (maybe because Luke usually takes her snacks? :) ) put her hand in the middle of his chest and shoved him ... hard.  He fell back and hit his head but quickly stood up to bite her.  I didn't even know how to react ... Better break out the books on discipline!  On the up side, they're also playing together so much and it's very sweet to watch.  After I put them down for naps I usually hear at least 15 minutes of laughing, peek-a-boo and playing before they fall asleep.  I added a video (sorry, the lighting in their bedroom is terrible) of some pre-nap antics.  This week I've thought many times about how much our siblings teach us about how to interact with people -- how to fight, forgive, play and exist together. 

Construction is underway on our basement which we're really excited about.  We're adding a third bedroom which we'll use for now as a playroom/guest room.  Hopefully it'll be done in the next week or two.  The worst part was when they cut through the concrete for the windows -- there was some serious dust.  For the millionth time in the last year I was so very thankful that my parents live nearby so we could pack up the kids and head to their house!

Now a few recent pictures ...

A recent trip to the park to feed the ducks

Hard to believe that one day he'll probably need size 14 shoes too!

No comments:

Post a Comment