Thursday, April 12, 2012

Your children want YOU!

Several of my friends re-posted on facebook an interesting article recently.  You can read it here.  As someone who most definitely does NOT have alphabetized spice racks (ha!) I appreciated the author's insight into what children really want and need ... our presence.  Sounds obvious, right?  But it's tricky in the digital age.  I've become very mindful of how much time I spend on the phone, computer, etc while the kids are awake.  It's very possible to be with them but totally not present with them.  My sister complained to me recently that we don't get to talk on the phone nearly as much as we used to (maybe it was both of us complaining?) ... but we both understand that we just have different and very demanding (and rewarding!) priorities right now.  Speaking of which, nap time will be over soon ... better get on with the chores!

No comments:

Post a Comment