Sunday, April 22, 2012

Tulips!!

It was an amazingly beautiful weekend in Portland and we took full advantage of the sunshine!  I think we've officially worn out the kids (and the grown-ups!) with trips to the park and the tulip festival and lots of time in the yard.  I think Scott will have plenty of "help" with yard work in the coming years (until they get a bit older and don't consider it fun to be helpers anymore!)  This was our first trip to the tulip festival but I think it might be an annual event.  Scott loves anything to do with flowers, landscaping and being outside.  I can't say yard work is my favorite, but I enjoy the benefits of being married to someone who does :)
It's going to be a fun and busy week around here.  Last week the trim work and doors went on the new bedroom in the basement.  Bring on the paint cans!  I'll post some pictures soon.  I'm also leaving the kids for the first time which is definitely going to be harder on me than on them.  I'm heading to Seattle for the weekend for some girl time with some of my favorite people in the world!  One of my college roomies is getting married in May so we're meeting up to celebrate Miss Allie.  There is so much letting go that happens when you're a parent and this milestone feels like a big one.  I've been with them every day of their existence and it's good but strange to realize that they'll be just fine without me.  In fact, they'll have a great time with grandma and grandpa!  Better leave my parents some good coffee :)





1 comment:

  1. Too cute! I didn't know Portland had a tulip festival, too! And SO wish I was going with you this weekend. Give Allie a BIG hug for me :)

    ReplyDelete