Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Randoms ...

A few random pictures and a video from recently.  Grammy supplies the babies with some pretty awesome outfits so I got a few pictures :)  This video reminds me of how my friend Elizabeth says that it's awfully hard to clean when you have little people un-cleaning at the same time ... pretty sure this clean laundry wasn't so clean anymore ... oh well, I definitely wasn't going to re-wash it!  Our little helpers were hard at work!  It's amazing/scary to realize how much they imitate every move we make.  The other day Amelia pulled out wipes (she often does this to hand me wipes while I'm changing her brother) but she starting wiping up the floor under the highchairs like she sees me do after they eat.  It was one of those "ah-ha" parenting moments where you realize that they really get it now (obviously they've been paying attention for months and you know that they watch everything you do but you don't always realize it).  It's humbling and overwhelming and just a huge responsibility to realize that we are modeling behaviors, responses and LIFE for them ... on good days and on hard days, in all sorts of situations.  Nothing has shown me my selfishness or impatience as clearly as parenting has (it's a very. humbling. experience), but I pray that they see in us the love of Christ being demonstrated to them in very real ways.  I hope that they see and experience grace lived out.

Love this sweet girl!  She is looking so old to me these days.

Handsome boy!  His smile is amazing.  His new PJs say "New Sheriff in Town" on the back -- haha!

Helping dad in the yard ... decked out in U of A gear, of course :)


2 comments:

  1. Adorable!!! You are the cutest daddy Scott!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They can come do all my laundry this weekend :) They get cuter by the minute.. if that is even possible!

    ReplyDelete